This was my long-waited day, he has finally arrived. I was so excited when I firstly saw the advertisement from newspaper informing us that this very special person is visiting us, in Malaysia. I have waited for a month just to witness his arrival. Quickly after my class, I rushed to Queensbay mall. Very lucky, it was the last session he will be on the stage.
This little boy was curiously starring at me. "Who is that weird Koko?"
Still, who is the special one? Let's see...
Woohoo ! I was waiting him to arrive for about a month ! He is totally automated, an intelligent robot. He greeted us with his cute cartoon-liked voice in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
Asimo is showing off his running ability. Believe or not? They spent over 20 years just to perfect the balance of walking and running. There are still rooms for improvement.
He paints it ! He didn't actually paint it, just showing the ability of grabbing the brush and waiving on the paper.
He asked the M.C : "Could you pass the brush for me?"
Now, he can dance ! It was "Raya Sayang" - Malaysian classic. People were follow his dance steps. He can stand on only one leg.
Haha..The most common movement I think.
There will be a team of Asimos running on the field during EPL or world cup, maybe?
He is meant to serve you. Are you thirsty?
He was turning his body, walking towards to the people
That's brilliant !
They allowed few lucky families to snap some pictures with Asimo.
Asimo bye bye ! He loves to say "thank you, terima kasih"
Asimo keychain, shirts and dolls were available during the roadshow.
Asimo in detail
Asimo - A humanoid robot invented by Honda. It started with 2 legs walking machine EO 1986 until Asimo 2000-current.
Asimo was announced in year 2000. He is now still under development.
THE THREE LAWS OF ROBOTICS:
- A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
- A robot must obey orders given it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
- A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
After watching the roadshow, it really made me feel like watching a movie, the revolution of technology and science. Will it happen in the real world, like the movie, or any other novel?
When scientists in some bunker in the year 2525 are trying to determine when humanity handed over the keys to the robot overlords, December 11, 2007, may be a good date, for on this day, Honda announced it had given its ASIMO servant robots three key abilities. Here we break them down, and provide a "Future Shock" analysis of each:
• Autonomous battery charging - Honda developed a Borg-like charging bay for ASIMO. When the robot's battery level drops to a certain point, it seeks out the closest bay.
Future Shock: Seeking a power source is the first step towards domination, Coppertop.
• Avoiding oncoming people - ASIMO sees an oncoming person through its eye camera, judges its inertia, guesses its speed and path, then either changes course to steer clear, or simply takes a step back.
Future Shock: If they're taught subservience, they start questioning their predestined role. Also, doesn't this sound a lot like targeting?
• Working together - This involves constant sharing of relevant data between networked ASIMOs, and a survey of which robot is closest to the most pressing task, and what his battery life status is. Among them, they "decide" which one is best suited to go in and do the job.
Future Shock: If I have to explain to you why robots working together could be a bad thing, well, you're probably already dead.
It is creepy sometime, yet, still eager to see improvements in the latest tech.